Wednesday, October 21, 2009

7weeks & 5 Days......

So we had our last appt with my RE (the doc who did our IVF) It was kindof sad to leave all the people that have been so wonderful the past few years, but we are so happy to get released to our new OB. I have my first appt with our OB on Monday! Things are moving right along, we couldnt be happier.

So at the appt today we did another ultrasound, and we could actually see a head and the start of arms and legs! And not only did we see the little heart pounding away, we got to hear the heart beat as well. Up until now I have not cried at an ultrasound-I think I have always been in shock, but hearing the heartbeat did it for me, the water works started. It is a moment Cecil and I will always cherish, and Im so glad he was there to share it with. The tech said it was a very strong heartbeat! Thank God for miracles........

As for me, still pretty sick. I am eating a little more now, I regret it afterwards, but at least Im getting some things down. I am still trying to take it very easy and stay away from sick people. Im starting to get some heartburn sometimes. I am not having many cravings at all yet, because NOTHING sounds good every. I have a few times craved buffalo wings and meatball subs........so meat I guess, and I am so not a meat eater. But I give my body what it wants......

As for other life, I have volleyball sectionals this week and also Cecil had football sectionals this week, so our seasons are coming to an end. Our house is coming along, slowly but surely.......painting is pretty much done, wood floors have started to go in......we hope to be in by Thanksgiving...Which is the last day of my first trimester...so a great milestone and an awesome thing to be thankful for this year.

Our Due date is June 4th 2010, seems SO far away, but things are moving along pretty fast, a lot faster then I would have thought.

WEEK 8

Your Baby's Development
Marveling over a baby's tiny fingers and toes is one of the joys of the first day of life. Those fingers and toes are just beginning to form this week, and the arms can even flex at the elbows and wrists. The eyes are becoming more obvious because they’ve begun to develop pigment (color) in the retina (back of the eye).
Also, the intestines are getting longer and there isn’t enough room for them in the baby’s abdomen, so they protrude into the umbilical cord until week 12.
By now, the beginnings of the buds that will develop into your baby's genitals have made their appearance, although they've not yet developed enough to reveal whether your baby is a boy or a girl.


I will update after our first OB appt on Monday. Again the prayers are much appreciated!

xoxo Kari

No comments:

Post a Comment